Visiting the dentist regularly not just takes care of oral health but keeps the entire body healthy. Dental care is essential because:
- It helps in preventing tooth decay.
- Gum diseases can be prevented, which can further lead to loss of teeth and bones.
- It prevents bad breath.
- It offers you an appealing smile and improves your self-confidence.
- It gives you whiter and brighter teeth by preventing them from any stains or discoloration.
Everyone, whether children, teenagers, or adults, should visit a dentist for a regular check-up every six months. Patients that are at risk of oral cancer or gum diseases need to visit a dentist more than twice a year. Our experienced dentists at Accu Dental will advise how often you should schedule an appointment with us.
We are not completely free of bacteria through brushing. Flossing decreases the number of bacteria in our mouth by removing those areas missed by your toothbrush. When you floss, you reach the bacteria hidden between your teeth and tiny spaces. If bacteria isn’t removed, they multiply ultimately causing tooth decay or gum disease.
Talk to our doctors first to rule out any potential infection. If sensitivity is general in nature without underlying issues our doctors will likely prescribe sensitivity toothpaste which contain strontium chloride or potassium nitrate, and is effective in treating sensitivity. Within a few weeks, you should observe some relief from sensitivity.
Experts including our experienced dentists recommend fluoride for dental health because it helps prevent tooth decay by making your enamel resistant to acid attacks and plaque bacteria. Some studies have revealed that children who drank fluoridated water had less dental decay. Applying fluoride reverses early decay and helps prevent osteoporosis – a disease that leads to degenerative bone loss.
Oral injuries require immediate attention and should be treated by a dentist as soon as possible. However, until you reach the dentist’s office, given below are some of the tips you can follow:
- Rinse your mouth to eliminate any dirt or debris.
- Gently lick or clean the tooth under tap water. Never scrub the tooth or hold the root of the tooth.
- Reinsert the tooth back in the socket.
- If you cannot put the knocked-out tooth into your mouth, keep it moist by placing between your gum and cheek or in a small jar of milk.
- Call Accu Dental dentists in bay area or monterey area immediately. For a successful restoration, you need prompt treatment.
With a visual examination of your mouth, many conditions and diseases of the surrounding teeth and tissues cannot be identified. When a dentist takes an x-ray, it reveals:
- Hidden areas of decay between the teeth or below fillings.
- Bone infection.
- Periodontal diseases.
- Dental abscess.
- Any developmental abnormalities.
- Any tumor.
X-rays helps doctors at Accu Dental to do a comprehensive diagnosis, and may save you time, money and effort by detecting any hidden oral issues at an early stage.